What’s Ahead in 2018 and 2019
We’ve got a lot to look forward to over the next couple years. Take a look at our ideas, plans and proposals and let us know what you think. You can also join us at an open house in November.
Proposed bus improvements
We’re continuing a 10-year expansion of transit throughout the Portland area with proposals for new bus lines, better frequency, all-night service on some lines and buses to Portland International Airport.
What’s in the budget?
In addition to our plans for new and improved service, the budget for Fiscal Year 2019 (July 2018–June 2019) accounts for some exciting projects:
- Construction work to upgrade some of our oldest MAX stations and improve MAX reliability
- New Bike & Rides at Beaverton Creek, Goose Hollow and Gateway Transit Center
- Exploring the possibility of an all-electric bus fleet, down the road
- Preparation for the Division Transit Project
- Planning for safer, more reliable transportation and a new MAX line in Southwest Portland
- Improving MAX Red Line reliability and extending service to Fair Complex/Hillsboro Airport
- Prioritizing transit along the busiest bus lines in Portland
A fairer citations process
We want to re-think the consequences for riders who don’t pay fare, and a recently passed law gives us a 90-day window to resolve citations before they are sent to court. Riders — who may have simply forgotten to pay their fare — would be given the option to pay a fine or do community service.
Introducing a low-income fare
A year in the making
We’re excited to be able to offer a new reduced fare for low-income riders starting as soon as next summer. The recommendation for the new program is half-price fare for individuals and families at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
Join us at an open house
Wednesday, November 1
Pioneer Community Center
615 5th St., Oregon City
Thursday, November 2
PCC Cascade Student Union
705 N Killingsworth St., Portland
Monday, November 6
Gresham City Hall
1333 NW Eastman Pkwy., Gresham
Wednesday, November 8
8900 SW Commercial St., Tigard
Thursday, November 9
Milwaukie High School
2301 SE Willard St., Milwaukie
Tuesday, November 14
Centro de Prosperidad
400 E Main St., Suite 110, Hillsboro
Wednesday, November 15
University of Oregon White Stag Building
70 NW Couch St., Portland